Take a Break Rentals is us, Thomas, Colleen and our team, doing something we care about.
Over the last decade or so we have looked after properties and guests in and around the town we actually live in, San Pedro de Alcantara
It started because friends and a few strangers had confidence in us, a husband and wife team. Then they referred their friends to us, and they referred their friends . . . . and that group of people who trusted us with something so valuable has grown! Having over a decade of experience in hospitality obviously helped. Between us we have worked in various cities in the UK, Denmark, Spain and Trinidad.
We’ve put new advanced IT systems in place during that time – so now it’s easier and quicker for you to book exactly what you want and also to make sure that you are clear about each step of the process.
What matters to us:
- Human Touch – One of our team meets every single guest when they arrive at the property. We try to speak to you in your own language (depending on who checks you in) to answer any questions you have when you arrive in a strange place, tired, sometimes in the middle of the night!
- Clarity and Transparency – A holiday is a big investment and with so many news reports about scams it’s easy to get worried about booking online. We make sure it’s easy to see at every step of the way what you need to pay and why. And make it easy to speak to us if you have any questions.
- High Standards – We only manage property that we would want our family to stay in. And believe us our Northern European in-laws have HIGH standards! We know each property, we’ve visited it, we know the community and we’ve checked it (again and again!). And we take our own photos so you see exactly what we see, no surprises.
- Details – It can be a complicated affair getting all the family to have a good time when you’re in a different country. So we want you to relax knowing that whatever support you need while you are here, we’re here for you. Need a taxi for 9? Specific foods to accommodate specific dietary requirements? A nanny? A chef? Just let us know, it will be ready for you.
- Our Town – Many of our properties are in and around San Pedro de Alcantara, the town we’ve lived in for more than 10 years, but we cover the area between Marbella and Estepona. Our office is right on the main street (Marques del Duero) with Maklarhuset, our Swedish Real Estate Partner.